10 things that drive landlords crazy!
Hands up if you’ve ever had someone make you some big promises and then under deliver in a big way? You’re not alone. Our landlords tell us, one of the main reasons they’ve made the switch to join Geelong Real Estate Co is they’ve been sold the dream of high end service only to be let down time and time again.
- Inability to keep up with tenant requests: A lot of property managers in Geelong are managing between 150-200 properties each! They often find themselves overwhelmed with tenant requests or unable to keep up with them in a timely manner.
- Lack of communication: Property managers should be readily available to answer questions and provide updates to landlords, but this isn’t always the case or at a very minimum return a call by close of business.
- Poor maintenance: Property managers should be proactive in taking care of maintenance issues, but some avoid the confrontation & or the work load as a result fall behind on maintaining the property.
- Not addressing problems promptly: We can’t tell you the number of times we’ve heard something small like a leaking tap has turned disastrous because of slow to act rental managers.
- Not taking action on tenancy violations: Property managers should be actively monitoring violations and taking action when necessary. There’s a fine line between being compassionate and setting the wrong expectations
- Not properly screening applicants: Close enough is good enough, right? Wrong! It’s essential that property managers take the time to properly screen applicants, putting the wrong applicant in your property can be costly in more ways than 1.
- Inability to fill vacancies: Vacancies hurt. Having the time to conduct multiple inspections per week and by appointment is critical.
- Not handling evictions properly: Evictions are never easy, but if done poorly things can quickly go from bad to worse. This is one of the most important tasks a PM needs to get right.
- Higher than expected fees: Statement fees are just one of our pet peeves. Whether its charging $2.50 or $12.50 for something that’s free to produce? Come on…? At Geelong Real Estate Co theres no statement fees. Ever!
- Not staying informed: Sounds basic right? Maybe now we’re asking too much.
If you’re a landlord and you’re not happy with the service you’re currently receiving from your property manager, Give us a try. We’re the highest google rated business for a reason, we won’t let you down. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org